IMPORTANT NOTICE: YOU MUST CAREFULLY READ AND THEN AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW BEFORE ACCESSING AND USING THE SITE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE - © Iain McKie
Welcome to the Shirley McKie site owned and made available by Iain McKie (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as "I" and "me"). The Terms and Conditions form part of an agreement between you, the end-user, and myself and sets out the conditions under which you may access the information available through the site and contribute to the site. By accessing, viewing or using the Material on the Site you have indicated to us that you both understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
There may be other Terms and Conditions within areas of the Site which relate to your use of such areas, such Terms and Conditions will, together with these Terms and Conditions, govern your use of the Site.
I reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions and any other Terms and Conditions contained elsewhere on the Site at any time. It shall be your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly to ensure that you agree to any such amendments. If you do not agree to any changes which I have made, you should stop accessing the Site immediately.
The Site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and in particular I do not warrant that:
- the Site will continue to be available to you in either its current format or from its current domain name;
- the Site or any software available from the Site will be free from viruses or defects;
- the Material contained on the Site will be true, accurate or complete in all respects, except always to the extent otherwise set out in the Terms and Conditions and to any warranties which would be implied by law.
Except for death or personal injury arising from my negligence, I shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from or in any way connected with the Site, or your inability to use the Site.
All downloadable material is carefully checked for viruses before being uploaded onto the site, however I recommend that, as an extra precaution you run your own virus check on each document you download before saving it to your disk or hard drive.
Use of the Web Site
- not to use the Material for any unlawful purpose;
- that you shall not make any use of the Site so that the Site is interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient, or the functionality of the Site is in any way impaired;
- not to use the Site for the transmission or posting of any computer viruses or any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene or menacing character, or in such a way as to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- not to use the Site in a manner which constitutes a violation or infringement of any person, firm or company (including but not limited to rights of copyright or confidentiality);
- that you shall not use the Site to transmit any material for the purposes of publicity, promotion and/or advertising without my prior written consent; and
- that in the event that you may have any right, claim or action against any other user arising out of the use of the Site you shall pursue such right, claim or action independently of, and without recourse to, me.
- that you will indemnify and defend me against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any use of the Material or the Site.
I shall have the right to immediately suspend your access to the Site if you commit a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The design, images and content of the Site are, unless otherwise stated, my property or my licensors' property.
I provide Material on the Site solely for your personal use and the reproduction of the whole or any part of the Site, except for any temporary copies made necessarily in downloading the Site, for purposes other than private and personal use, is prohibited, as is distributing, displaying or copying the Site, unless it is for the personal use of a third party.
No part of the Site can be reproduced on, transmitted to or stored on any other web site or other form of electronic retrieval system, nor may any part of the site be accessed in such manner as to make it appear part of any third parties web site without my prior written consent.
Links to other Sites
Any web sites to which you link through the Site (including, without limitation, any web site provided by a third party but co-branded web site) are independent of the Site and I have no control over them and accept no liability in respect of your use or inability to use them or any of the content of such web sites.
I accept no liability with respect to any of the information, material or services offered or provided by other organisations listed on, or linked to, this Site, nor do I endorse any of those organisations or any of their products or services. Should you decide to contract with any of these organisations, the contract will be directly between you and the relevant organisation. I will have no contractual involvement, and will not be liable in contract or otherwise for any products, information, materials or services provided to you by any of these organisations.
Please note that, although these organisations have attempted to ensure that any information provided through the Site is as accurate as possible, they are not legally binding in any way.
Law and Jurisdiction
Scots law shall govern these Terms and Conditions and any matter relating to the Site and the Scottish courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in respect of them.
If you are uncertain about anything contained in these Terms and Conditions or wish permission to reproduce any information contained on this site or wish to bring to my attention any error or omission you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org